True Peel® PE Prep Tools - Metric
- Prepares the ends of PE pipe and tapping tees for electrofusion.
- Removes 0.23mm - 0.30 mm peel thickness.
- Spring actuated blade gives a complete peel, even on out-of-round pipe.
- Observation window permits view of the peel in progress.
- External cutting blade allows for clear observation of the peel removal.
- Hardened tool steel cutting blade with two cutting edges for twice the life.
- Close fitting mandrel to round pipe that may be oval.
- Tool ships with a protective carrying case.
|Catalog No.||Item Code||Description||Weight|
|PEP32MM||04680||Fits 32mm DR11, 3.0mm Wall Thickness, Mandrel #98678||1.4||0.64|
|PEP40MM||04681||Fits 40mm DR11, 3.7mm Wall Thickness, Mandrel #98680||1.8||0.82|
|PEP63MM||04683||Fits 63mm DR11, 5.8mm Wall Thickness, Mandrel #98682||3.2||1.45|
Electrofusion requires the outside diameter of pipe to be clean and free of oxidation. The True Peel® PE Prep Tool removes dirt and oxidation from the outside diameter of the pipe in preparation for electrofusion of polyethylene pipe. Spring-loaded blade does not skip and it keeps consistent pressure on the pipe to yield a smooth, finished surface. The blade completely peels even out-of-round pipe with the help of the close fitting mandrel which rerounds oval pipe. An observation window allows operator to see progress of the peel by viewing the pipe end in the window. These tools can be used on the ends of pipe or on tapping tee outlets. Each model is size specific for both pipe size and wall thickness. The PE pipe peeler blade may be rotated 180 degrees to provide a second cutting edge, giving twice the blade life. The True Peel® low profile allows it to be used on tapping tee outlets with limited clearance, unlike conventional peelers with a large swing radius. REED True Peel® pipe scraping tools ship in a protective carrying case.
Accessories & Common Parts
True Peel® PE Prep Tool Blade
The complete collection of Reed Training Videos can be found under the Resources menu.