Guillotine Pipe Cutters
- Squarest cut available, within 1⁄8" (3 mm) on medium and high density pipe, due to strong frames and unique blade design.
- Saves facing cost: no facing needed for electrofusion, less needed for butt-fusion.
- HPC12 cuts PE up to 12" (350 mm).
- Requires minimal clearance, only 4" – 6" (102 - 152 mm) around pipe.
- Clean and safe! No chips to clog valves and apertures.
- Many high quality cuts, with durable non-stick coated (resharpenable and replaceable) tool steel blade.
|Catalog No.||Item Code||Capacity||SDR||Application||Length||Weight|
|in-nom.||actual O.D. mm||in||mm||lbs||kg|
|HPC4+||04605||1 1/2 - 4 DIPS & IPS||50 - 125||SDR15.5 - SDR9||PE||18.6||472||11.0||4.99|
|HPC8+||04609||3 - 8 DIPS & IPS||90 - 230||SDR15.5 - SDR9||PE||29.6||752||27.4||12.4|
|HPC12||04612||4 - 12||114 - 350||SDR17 - SDR9.3||PE||51||1295||100.0||45.5|
Must ship via truck freight.
NOTE: HPCs cut PE only and will not cut PVC or PP (polypropylene) pipe, such as Aquatherm®.
Robust Guillotine Pipe Cutters are designed to cut PE pipe from SDR15.5 to SDR9 within 1/8” (3 mm) of square on medium and high-density pipe. HPC12 is designed for DIPS and IPS PE pipe from SDR17 to SDR9.3. Brass bushings in HPC12 crosshead feed assembly yield smooth feed and more consistent blade alignment. The accurate cuts from REED Guillotine Cutters mean no facing is needed for electrofusion and only minimal facing for butt fusion joints. Durable, non-stick coated blade makes many square cuts with no chips to clog valves and small openings. Slight taper on blade allows an easy start to the cut, and holds form for a nice, straight cut. Blades are easy to sharpen or replace.
- Temperature impacts pipe density. Cold temperatures (below freezing) can significantly shorten blade life.
- Blade is very sharp. Take care when reaching in that area.
- For operator and blade safety, always transport the cutter with the blade fully seated in the base of the cutter. Use the blade guard if available since it protects the blade and the operator.
- REED strongly recommends use of the PEGR7 Static Grounding Device (#04621) with Guillotine Cutters. Use a grounding device as a precaution against static build-up. Dissipate the charge and minimize the possibility of ignition.
- HPCs cut PE only and will not cut PVC or PP (polypropylene) pipe, such as Aquatherm®.
Because of the crosshead and blade design, all HPCs produce a much straighter cut with minimal blade wear. Safer than abrasive saws because no PE chip residue remains in the pipe that may later clog valves.