Saw It® Pneumatic Reciprocating Saw
- Saw It® pneumatic reciprocating saw is a good choice for cutting plastic and steel pipe and a great cutting tool for hard-to-reach places.
- Safety deadman switch for instant off when throttle is released.
- Pneumatic (air) motor eliminates electric shock hazard.
- No fumes like gas powered cut-off saws.
- Site preparation requires less excavation then some cut-off tools.
- Continues to run underwater, in severe in-ditch environments, unlike electric or gas powered tools.
- Saw It® Vise and Saw It® Blade Guides should be added for extra stability.
- Blades sold separately. Use Reed's Power Hack Saw Blades.
|Catalog No.||Item Code||Description||Pipe Diameter ||Maximum Power||Air Consumption||Application||Weight|
|SAWITSD2||07620||Saw It® with Safety Deadman Switch||up to 24" max.||up to 610 max.||2.0 HP, 1.5 kW||40 cfm @ 90 psi (18.9 l/s @ 6.2 BAR)||Aluminum, Copper, Plastic, Steel/Stainless Steel Sch. 40, Steel Tubing||21.5||9.8|
Capacity is dependent on blade and chain extensions.
This saw is safer and, when used with the Saw It® Vise, cuts straighter than a gas-powered chop saw. The Saw It® Vise allows the saw to pivot straight into the pipe, giving the operator better control over the cut. Used together, this saw is EASY to handle.
Saw It® pneumatic reciprocating saw provides power and reciprocating motion to blades. With Power Hack Saw Blades (sold separately), this saw cuts steel and stainless steel pipe, plus plastic pipe such as C900 and PE. SAWITSD2 is powered pneumatically and offers powerful 2 HP motor and adjustable exhaust flow air direction. Saw It turns and works freely, along with starting easy and running smoothly. As a safety feature, a trigger lock prevents accidental “on” if the trigger is bumped or pressed unintentionally. Saw It® needs 6” clearance beyond the pipe to accommodate blade movement. Site preparation requires less excavation then some cut-off tools. Air-powered, this tool eliminates electric shock hazards. Unlike gas-powered tools, this unit has no fumes. Severe in-ditch environments, including those with water, are not a problem for the Saw It pneumatic reciprocating saw, unlike electric or gas powered tools.
The Saw It® must have a means to hold it in place and the recommended Saw It® Vise (sold separately) provides stability and safety for the cut. Optional Blade Guides provide directional guidance for the saw. Maximum capacity is blade and blade guide dependent. Saw It® pneumatic reciprocating saw cuts up to 24” diameter pipe when used with the Saw It® Vise and a 12” chain extension. Saw It® cuts up to 20” (500 mm) diameter pipe when used with recommended SAWITBG30 blade guide. Pneumatic saws are less likely to ignite materials than gas-powered saws and even some electrical-powered saws. However, the Saw It® is not recommended for gas lines.
- Always use a Filter-Regulator-Lubricator (FRL) with Reed pneumatic tools like the Saw It®. Reed offers FRL #97591 for user convenience.
- Saw It Vise #04600 fits 4” - 12” diameter pipe. When one chain extension, 6” or 12”, is added, the vise capacity increases to 18” or 24” respectively.
- 14 TPI blades work on materials at least 1/8” thick. 8 TPI blades work on materials at least 3/16” thick. Use fewer blade teeth per inch on softer materials like plastic.