Toolmaker /Toolroom Machinist
Reed Manufacturing – Erie, PA
Job Description/Job objectives-includes, but not limited to the following:
REPORTS TO: Shop Supervisor
Department: Tool Room 114
Location: Erie, PA on site
Pay Rate: $23.80
Primary Responsibilities/ Primary Objectives:
Toolmaker must be capable and proficient in all aspects of machining methods and techniques in order to perform machining
operations of a diverse and complicated nature. Position requires working with drawings, sketches and specifications to
develop and construct prototypes, fixtures, jigs, gauges as well as machine parts as well as fulfill production requirements.
Work closely with engineering and other departments on development and put together recommendations.
- Perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Properly select machine methods and tooling, material, work-holding and feed rates.
- Able to accurately machine parts to close specifications and requirements.
- Perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Achieves a reasonable personal daily output.
- Fills out time slips and other necessary paperwork on a complete and timely manner.
- Operates in a manner to promote the safety of self and other Reed associates, including helping to maintain good order in the department.
- Reports machine repair and quality issues to the supervisors and assist in addressing.
- Makes suggestions for improvement and acts to help all Reed associates maximize profit sharing payouts over the long term.
Education/Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- 7+ year’s extensive hands on machining experience as a Toolmaker.
- Formal vocational training in machining.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High degree of detail and precision in machining.
- Development experience.
The company culture at Reed Manufacturing is built on shared core values – Decent Human Beings with Energy, Determination, Solutions Focus and Service Orientation. Decent Human Beings (DHB) bring integrity, dedication and a positive attitude to REED and the community. Energy and Determination shine through people invested and interested in their work and a high-quality outcome. Solutions focused persons propel REED forward in resolving issues and removing obstacles. Service oriented associates put others ahead of themselves for the collective good.
REED uses these principles to guide all decision-making and action within our organization. We review, reward and recognize REED Associates based on these core values. If these values resonate with you, a career with REED is the perfect place for you to succeed.
REED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Interested persons should send resumes to:
Infinity Resources, Mary Lynn Veranese
P.O. Box 1321
Erie, Pa 16512-1321