SHIPPER / PACKER
Reed Manufacturing – Erie, PA
Job Description/Job objectives-includes, but not limited to the following:
REPORTS TO: Shipping/Quality Control Supervisor
Location: Erie, PA on site
Pay Rate: $17.95 per hour/$18.90 per hour after 90 days, plus shift differential ($.60 per hour)
Inspects tools carefully, according to individual instruction sheets, to insure that no tools with defects reach the customer; touches up and applies rust preventive to those tools needing them, wipes tools very clean; gets all items needed to get tools to stock complete; applies guarantee stickers or other specified tags, and makes labels if necessary; packs tools and necessary instruction in specified boxes for specific tools, and seals box; makes correct count, completes paperwork, and pushes tools to specified shelving area locations, using jitneys or hand trucks. Informs Purchasing, by submitting requisitions to supervisor, when various inventories are low.
Selects domestic, international, or parcel post orders in priority shipping order; picks orders; checks tools for each order to insure correctness; locates proper containers; packs order at economical cost, but to insure safe arrival; closes, stencils and labels boxes; includes B/L and packing slip with shipment; weighs order, completes packing slip, and gives copies to the Sales Office. Also, responds to rush orders promptly; contacts truckers for pickups; packs for shows; watches backorders for earliest shipment; is aware of special instructions for C.O.D, some distributors, etc.; packs wheels and other finished tools; and performs some other normal shipping duties. Additionally, drives and receives and maintains 2nd and 3rd floor inventories of finished tools, in the proper locations and in good order; learns stockroom sufficiently to obtain tools and parts in order to fill pick lists; informs Purchasing when various inventories are low, especially boxes and cartons.
• Performs all jobs in area
• Performs duties with minimal supervision
• Achieves reasonable personal daily output
• Reports machine repair requirements and quality problems to supervisor
• Fills out time slips and other necessary paperwork on a complete and timely basis
• Operates in a manner to promote the safety of self and other REED associates, including helping to maintain good order in the department
• Makes suggestions for improvement, and acts to help all REED associates maximize profit sharing payouts over the long term
• Has at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Courses in shop practice and machining experience desirable.
• Must have good written, verbal skills, and mathematical abilities. Must do careful and accurate work. Must learn REED product line and tool locations.
• Continues learning to improve skills to keep up with new equipment and new methods and to be able to train other associates.
The above description covers the most significant responsibilities, objectives, and background requirements, but does not exclude other less important elements of the job that also may be required.
The company culture at Reed Manufacturing is built on shared core values – Decent Human Beings with Energy, Determination, Solutions Focus and Service Orientation. Decent Human Beings (DHB) bring integrity, dedication and a positive attitude to REED and the community. Energy and Determination shine through people invested and interested in their work and a high-quality outcome. Solutions focused persons propel REED forward in resolving issues and removing obstacles. Service oriented associates put others ahead of themselves for the collective good.
REED uses these principles to guide all decision-making and action within our organization. We review, reward and recognize REED Associates based on these core values. If these values resonate with you, a career with REED is the perfect place for you to succeed.
REED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Interested persons should send resumes to:
Infinity Resources, Mary Lynn Veranese
P.O. Box 1321
Erie, Pa 16512-1321