Customer Service Associate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Reed Manufacturing – Erie, PA
Job Description/Job objectives-includes, but not limited to the following:
REPORTS TO: Sales Office Manager
Department: Inside Sales/Customer Service
Location: Erie, PA on site
Pay Rate: $30-35K
We are seeking a full‐time Customer Service Associate to join our Inside Sales Department. The Customer Service Associate, under the supervision and guidance of the department manager, with minimal supervision is responsible for maintaining a high level of sales and product knowledge, providing premium customer service for our distributors, contributing to the progress of the sales office by cross training on all office functions, and working on improvement products.
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, especially with distributors
- Ability to learn quickly through research and independent study
- Strong customer service skills
- Willingness to accept new challenges
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Office, Outlook & Excel
- Computer and telephone
- Database entry
- Enters domestic orders received via fax, phone, e‐mail, and EDI
- Answering sales calls from REED distributors and tool customers
- Responds immediately to customer inquiries regarding price, product, inventory, etc.
- Priority Account contact
- Processing of returned goods for warranty/repair/credit
- Processes claims with freight carriers
- Keeps track of demo stock
- Works on other ongoing or special projects as may be assigned
- Other sales and marketing office functions as assigned
This is an excellent opportunity to join a long established but growing family owned company that sells its products in more than 90 countries around the world.
The above description covers the most significant responsibilities, objectives, and background requirements, but does not exclude other less important elements of the job that also may be required.
The company culture at Reed Manufacturing is built on shared core values – Decent Human Beings with Energy, Determination, Solutions Focus and Service Orientation. Decent Human Beings (DHB) bring integrity, dedication and a positive attitude to REED and the community. Energy and Determination shine through people invested and interested in their work and a high-quality outcome. Solutions focused persons propel REED forward in resolving issues and removing obstacles. Service oriented associates put others ahead of themselves for the collective good.
REED uses these principles to guide all decision-making and action within our organization. We review, reward and recognize REED Associates based on these core values. If these values resonate with you, a career with REED is the perfect place for you to succeed.
REED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Interested persons should send resumes to:
Infinity Resources, Mary Lynn Veranese
P.O. Box 1321
Erie, Pa 16512-1321