Mexico International Regional Manager
INTERNATIONAL REGIONAL MANAGER
Reed Manufacturing Company – Erie, PA
Job Description/Job objectives-includes, but not limited to the following: (3-06)
REPORTS TO: President-Sales and Finance
Build sales by calling on existing distributors and users throughout Mexico. Foreign language skills necessary. Requires 40%+ travel. Position to be based in Mexico, major metropolitan area preferred.
With minimal supervision and very strong efforts, develops a very high level of competence as a Reed representative, produces significant annual sales increases in area, and helps manufacturers' representatives and distributors produce similar increases.
READINESS/PLANNING/FOLLOW-UP (ABOUT 15% OF TIME)
- Knows Reed products, service, sales and marketing information thoroughly.
- With supervisor, develops annual plans for each key region for sales volume, distributor and user targets, and manufacturers’ representatives (if any).
- Plans and follows-up trips in a manner to maximize sales and minimize costs.
- Plans, coordinates, and follows-up leads for all trade shows in area.
- Develops, computerizes, and updates information on countries, bids, and key distributors and key users; and develops mailing list for area (sends all to Reed).
- Becomes proficient in the most important languages, cultures, business practices and economic/political developments in region.
- Responds effectively within 24 hours to customers and the Reed office.
- Submits call / expense reports weekly and several reports quarterly.
- Co-operates with other regional managers and sales office to build business effectively.
- Acts in an ethical manner and follows company policies.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
SALES EFFORTS (ABOUT 60% OF TIME)
- Calls regularly, according to plan, on qualified distributors (about 50%) and end users (50%), mostly in the water, gas, oil, contractor, and plumbing areas.
- Listens to and helps distributor management, sales, purchasing, and other personnel by providing product, sales, user, promotional materials, and policy information appropriate to their needs and to increasing their sales effectively.
- Keeps sales manager, inside & outside distributor salesmen informed by conducting effective sales meetings, joint user calls (with the proper distributor and distributor salesman) and tool demonstrations, and individual salesman contacts.
- Conforms to 80%-90% of established travel plan, which requires 40%+ weekday overnight travel (and sometimes over the weekend) and averages six good sales calls per day.
- Follows key projects and larger bids closely to develop business.
SUPERVISION OF MANUFACTURERS’ REPRESENTATIVES (ABOUT 25% OF TIME)
- Works with President-Sales & Finance in hiring, and terminating manufacturers’ representatives in area.
- With P-S&F and management of manufacturers’ reps, sets overall volume, product, distributor and other annual targets.
- Visits territory of each manufacturers’ rep at least four times annually to review progress, conduct sales meetings, and make joint key distributor and user calls; initiates once or twice monthly telephone contact to insure continuous progress by manufacturers’ reps.
- Receives copies of all correspondence with manufacturers’ reps and distributors and handles all sales and relationship issues that may arise with reps, their distributors, and their users.
Interested persons should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 814.455.1697.
Reed Manufacturing Company
P.O. Box 1321
Erie, Pa 16512-1321
Fax: 800.456.1697(US & Canada) or 814.455.1697 (International)